(Pinterest Picture)(My Picture)
When you think of Fall you think of pumpkin candles, good food, Halloween, Pumpkin Spiced lattes, and of course pumpkin pie. With Halloween only a few days away, I was invited to a costume party. It was one of those bring an entree type of deals. I did not want to make any of the typical Halloween desserts that are the shapes of ghost or foods that were in the shape of an actual pumpkin or other typical Halloween characters. Although those are super cute ideas, I decided to go with a pecan pumpkin bundt cake.
I found this recipe off of Pinterest and it was simple and I must say delicious. It was completely gone soon after I arrived. Although the Pinterest Picture is a lot better than mine, I have to say that I was pretty proud of myself since I had never made a bundt cake before. I even had two people ask me for the recipe so they could make it at home for their friends and families.
This recipe makes enough servings for about 10 people. It took about 40 minutes to make, but that was just because it has to bake in the oven for 35 minutes. After that it just has to cool for about 30 minutes before the icing goes on. The pecans and the pumpkin spice blended so well together. Simple, yet delicious! I will definitely be making this again soon.
The instructions and directions are listed below:
Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake Ingredients
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 package 3 oz vanilla pudding ( cook style)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake Directions
- Combine all the ingredients except the pecans in a large bowl.
- Beat about 30 seconds to moisten.
- Beat 3 minutes on high.
- Fold pecan pieces into batter.
- Pour into a buttered and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes on 350 degrees or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Spiced Caramel Icing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Spice Caramel Icing Directions
- Sift the powdered sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil for one minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Slowly drizzle the milk in and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar one cup at a time mixing with the spoon between each addition until mixture is lump free.
- Fold in the pecan pieces.
- Pour over top of the cooled Pumpkin Pecan Bundt cake.
- If the mixture starts to harden before you glaze the Pumpkin Pecan Bundt cake return the pot to the burner and heat on low. Adding 1 tablespoon of milk until you get a thin enough consistency to pour.