(Pinterest Picture) (My Picture)
As Fall is slowly arriving, I have had a craving for chili, and I found the perfect recipe on Pinterest. It was such an easy dinner to make for y family. I put all the ingredient in, and plugged up the crockpot in the morning and when everyone came home from work and school the chili was ready to eat.
My picture compared to the Pinterest picture look very similar. That’s probably because all chili looks the same, and it would be pretty hard to mess it up. The Pinterest picture garnished their chili with a bay leaf. I chose to garnish my chili bowl with the other additions such as oyster crackers and shredded cheese. However, each cook should take it upon themselves to add any ingredient to their own chili that they may enjoy. Not being a fan favorite of bell peppers, clove garlic, bay leaf, or the jalapeno chili peppers decided to leave those ingredients out of my recipe. Since, I do not like my chili too hot, I wanted it to be just the right amount of spice, and let me tell you my chili tasted delicious with even with these missing ingredients.
This recipe makes about 6-8 servings. If it is not all gone in one day, you can put it up in the fridge and eat leftovers later. I would recommend this simple, yet mouthwatering recipe to anyone. The chili is absolutely perfect for busy parents and college students running on low budgets. I will definitely be making this again soon!
. Below are the instructions and a video to show how it is made:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- chili powder
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef, onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.
Below are the instructions and a video to show how it is made:
Here is the personal link to my Facebook Page: