(Pinterest Picture)(My Picture)
Hands down, October is one of my favorite months for many different reasons. One being that the weather is changing, and you can go to many fall festivities with friends and family. My favorite fall festivity is baking treats, which I only do during this time of the year. I was tired of making the same old desserts, so I decided to try this new one I got off of Pinterest.
This scrumptious dessert was absolutely delicious. Everyone I made it for went back for seconds, including me. It only took about 45 minute’s tops from beginning to end. The longest part was just waiting for it to bake in the oven.
Although, my picture is not as perfect as the Pinterest one, I still recommend this recipe to everyone. This is absolutely a perfect dessert for any holiday event, especially if you like pecans. Also, it was a great dessert to have after dinner. Your family and your taste buds will thank you for making this special mouthwatering treat.
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup KARO light corn syrup
Baking & Spices
- 1 cup Brown sugar, light packed
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
Nuts & Seeds
- 2 cups Fisher pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with sugar until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of baking dish, firmly, using the palm of your hand (or bottom of a cup). Set aside.
- For the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, and vanilla using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy and smooth (about 3-5 minutes). Pour over graham crust. Set aside.
- For the pecan pie layer, heat brown sugar, KARO corn syrup, cream, butter and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and add in vanilla and chopped pecans. Pour over cheesecake layer.
- Bake bars in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight. Slice and enjoy!