(Pinterest Picture) (My Picture)
Who doesn’t love a good home made taco salad? I know, I do. It is always taco night around my house at least once a week. This is because it is a simple, yet delicious recipe to follow. Although, I usually use the same recipe I decided to switch it up and add chili to the taco salad. Let me tell you, this was the perfect secret ingredient. It gave the taco salad that extra kick that it needed.
The recipe on Pinterest used corn to make their taco salad. However, I excluded corn because it’s not my cup of tea. I also did not separate the food like the Pinterest picture because I like to eat my taco salad with the rest of the ingredients on top of the chips.
This is a perfect weeknight dinner that makes about four servings, and is ready in about 20 minutes. So, it would be easy for a busy college student like me, or a working parent who is always on the go.
This meal was quick and delicious. I recommend this recipe for everyone. It will easily become your families go to recipe. I know I will definitely be making it again soon.
Click the link to see how to prepare the food:
The ingredients and instructions are listed below:
- 1 pound ground round beef
- 1 can of chili (your choice)
- 1 whole tomato
- chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Add chili beans, cook 2 minutes or until hot; set aside.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving plates.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over lettuce. Top evenly with cheese, broken chips and drained tomatoes