(Pinterest’s Picture) (My Picture)
Guys, can we just take a moment and appreciate simple desserts like this scrumptious one. I get a sweet tooth a lot. The problem is that I can’t ever seem to find time in my busy schedule to stop and just make something that I am craving. Also, I am the type of person that when I am making food, I want it right there and then. I do not want to have to wait hours for a dessert to be prepared. I am always looking for simpler recipes to make for my friends and myself.
I found the recipe to this magnificent Oreo Cheesecake Parfait on Pinterest. I really did not think that mine was going to look anything like the Pinterest picture. Their pictures always look like something out of a magazine. However, I thought I did a pretty good job considering this was my first time making a parfait. The Pinterest ingredients included vanilla pudding, but I am more of a fan of chocolate pudding, so I decided to use that one instead.
This dessert was so delicious. Not only did it take under 10 minutes, but the ingredients were super inexpensive. This dessert makes six servings. You can put it in bowls or mason jars if you want to be creative with it. I would recommend this dessert to anyone and everyone. This will definitely not be the last time I make one of these.
The instructions and the ingredients are listed below.
- Place cookies into a Ziploc bag and slightly crush using a rolling pin or your hands.
- You want them broken up but not completely crushed.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of crumbs and set aside for garnish.
For the chocolate layer:
- Box of Chocolate Pudding prepared according to directions
For the cheesecake layer:
- With an electric mixer, mix heavy cream and powdered sugar until there are no more lumps.
- Gently fold in softened cream cheese until mixed.
- Layer the pudding, Oreo’s, and cheesecake mixture.
- Place in a mason jar or a bowl of your choice.
- Let it refrigerate for 1 hour
- Place whipped cream of your choice on the top.
- Garnish with a cherry, Oreo, or Oreo crumbs.
- 1 package of Oreo’s
- 1 box of chocolate instant pudding
- 8 0z cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/4 cups of milk